According to a study by Reed Smith and Mergermarket, 94% of banks and financial institutions are planning two or more fintech acquisitions in the next 12 months.
“There isn’t a significant financial services institution that isn’t already either a consumer or developer of fintech,” said Herb Kozlov, a partner at Reed Smith. “I think it’s on the radar of every major institution because they’re at a competitive disadvantage if they’re not as well positioned as their competitors to adopt new technologies.”
Banks and financial institutions are even more bullish on fundraising for fintech firms than their counterparts and Venture Capital and Private Equity firms, according to the study.
- Cryptocurrencies Coming of Age, Bitcoin May Not Have a Seat at the Table
- Enabling the Bank Workforce for the New Customer Experience
- Three Ways AI will Drive Growth at Retail Banks
- Facebook Bank: Five Reasons Banks Will Compete with Facebook Sooner Than You Think
- Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency Gaining Momentum Again as Brands Step In