Goldman Sachs will likely decrease the number of new partners this year to about 60, which would be a 25% decline compared with two years ago. However, the number of women that make the list will likely continue to grow. Two years ago, more than twenty percent of the new partners were women. While that does not sound that impressive, it is a massive increase from a decade before.
It is interesting to see the contrast, however, between what an impressive figure might look like for diversity for a Wall Street Bank verses a retail bank. Women in retail banking executive roles continue to grow. This year’s Banking Exchange 20 under 40 List featured 9 women.
- Solving the Community Bank Digital Gap
- Citi Ventures, Woodforest National Bank, and Fifth Third Bank among finalists of the BAI Global Innovation Awards
- The Importance of Transacting an Omnichannel Strategy in Banking
- Bank Marketing Best Practices: Right People. Right Message. Right Time.
- Escape to America: Borrowers Seeking Refuge Through Chapter 11