The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- AI or Die: 4 Ways Model Governance Can Help You Win at Digital Transformation
- Mastercard and Visa Latest Companies To Step Back From Cryptocurrency
- What Smaller Banks Can Learn from Goldman Sachs Employee Startup Approach
- Is Mobile Banking Safe? Here's 5 Tips for Security
- Big Data Effects on the Banking Industry