The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- Marrying Security and Performance in Financial Services
- Benchmarking Study to Assess Crisis Response Best Practice in US Banks
- Wells Fargo, M&T, Comerica: The Biggest Banking Moves in March
- COVID-19: The Outlook for European Banks
- Wells Fargo is Next Big Bank to Pay Special Compensation: But how will Community Banks Adapt?