The People’s Bank of China is focused on hiring experts on Blockchain Technology. According to Coindesk, they first launched a digital currency research team in July and are adding at least four new engineers to the team. It is part of a major pursuit to launch a national digital currency.
The technology is aimed at issuing a digital token and can be “stored and transacted in a peer to peer fashion,” according to Coindesk.
With the world’s second largest economy investing in a digital currency, and other countries likely following suit, banks of all sizes need to invest in tech structures that can adapt quickly to changes in digital currency use.
- Notice 2018-83: A Snapshot of IRS Savings Changes 2019
- Goldman Sachs Golden Group Getting Smaller: Women Still Trail Regional Bank Trends
- Three Tips to Benchmarking Pay and Performance for Bank Employees
- Community Banks Can Leverage Tech to Keep and Gain Investors
- Ellie Mae No Longer Defying the Odds