Uber and Barclaycard US have introduced a co-branded Visa credit card that integrates with the Uber mobile app. Among the rewards features of the card are points that can be used towards Uber rides.
Uber subscribers will be able to apply for the new card through the Uber app beginning Nov. 2. They can also apply online. The companies promise approval “in less time than an Uber ride” and that rewards can begin being earned immediately. While using the card for payment for rides within the app is built in, customers will also receive a physical Uber card.
The card features no annual fee and a one-time bonus of $100 after the user spends $500 in the first 90 days. Among additional features, many relating to the Uber mobile concept, are:
• Up to $600 in damage and theft insurance on the cardholder’s mobile phone, provided the card is used to settle phone fees.
• 2% cash back on many online purchases, including Uber fares.
• 4% cash back on charges at restaurants, takeout, and bars, including UberEATS.
• 3% back on airfare, hotels, and vacation home rentals.
Redemption for Uber fares occurs within the app, and is limited to $500 daily.
- Solving the Community Bank Digital Gap
- Citi Ventures, Woodforest National Bank, and Fifth Third Bank among finalists of the BAI Global Innovation Awards
- The Importance of Transacting an Omnichannel Strategy in Banking
- Bank Marketing Best Practices: Right People. Right Message. Right Time.
- Escape to America: Borrowers Seeking Refuge Through Chapter 11