“The history of money is wrapped up in sex, religion and politics, the things we are told not to talk about. Yet these are the themes that rule our lives, and money is at the heart of all three. The origins of money reflect the origins of humans. As you will see, there have been three great revolutions in human history: we first formed communities, next civilisations and then industry. We are currently living through a fourth great revolution in humankind, with a fifth in the not-so-distant future. And each revolution in humankind, in turn, creates a revolution in monetary and value exchange. That is why it is important to reflect on the past to understand the present as well as forecast the future. To put all of this into context, we need to begin at the beginning and talk about the origins of humans.”
Thus Chris Skinner, fintech expert, opens his latest book, Digital Human: The Fourth Revolution Of Humanity Includes Everyone.
“What marks this fourth revolution is the growth of Digital, especially mobile capabilities and the access and connectedness that mobile technology permits. According to Skinner, we are witnessing the ‘digitization of humanity,’ which results in the ‘collapse of space and time,’ creating a ‘network available to everyone, everywhere’.”
We present the first chapter of Skinner’s book, with the permission of his publishers and the author, as a free copyrighted PDF download.
- Effective Loan Pricing – Why It’s Imperative Now More than Ever
- Vice President at the Bank of Laverne of Oklahoma Speaks to the President
- State Street: From Block Chain to Digital Assets
- What Community Banks Can Learn from Latest Wells Fargo Human Resources Issues
- The Department of Justice Increasing its Investigation into a Multi-Billion Dollar Money Laundering Scandal