To say that 2017 was a strange year would be a severe understatement.
Terrorist activity; increased sanctions (but comments from some in high places that they might not be effective); regulatory uncertainty; and continued “de-risking” are just a few issues challenging the AML community.
Whether the subject is media coverage of money laundering, perceived tax evasion, or the many uses of technology in our field, you need to stay current on so many levels to be effective members of this infrastructure.
For me, I remain so very proud of being with this community throughout my career and excited to be teaching the next generation of AML professionals.
So, to give you some items to mull over during the holidays (but please no wagering) as you prepare to continue serving society in whatever your role is in AML/financial crime prevention, here is my attempt at what is “in” and “out” for 2018.
*The title of the second album by The Moody Blues from 1967. The album charted twice, being re-released in 1972. The band will be inducted into the 2018 class of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Citi Ventures, Woodforest National Bank, and Fifth Third Bank among finalists of the BAI Global Innovation Awards
- The Importance of Transacting an Omnichannel Strategy in Banking
- Bank Marketing Best Practices: Right People. Right Message. Right Time.
- Escape to America: Borrowers Seeking Refuge Through Chapter 11
- Wolters Kluwer Introduces CASH New Product to its Commercial Lending Product Suite